Sunday, December 18, 2005

30 Days And Counting! (A.K.A. "More Prayer Requests")

I can't believe how time is flying by right now- and being that this is Christmas time, it's just gonna continue to speed on by till *oops!!* All of a sudden, it's January 16th, and I'm heading out the door to PNG!

Thank you my friends, family and supporters, for your prayers, encouragement, and contributions. I couldn't do it without you. The last time I checked my New Tribes account, I believe $2480 of a total of $4000 had been raised. I will admit that I haven't checked in about a week now though. I believe I was checking on fundraising waaaaay too often (like every day) and that's not really showing trust in God. It only made me worry and doubt- so I stopped. And SINCE I stopped, it's almost funny how God has given me little reminders- thru friends, letters, Bible verses, etc.- that I need to trust soley in Him, and have increased faith that HE will carry me.

A little update on one prayer request: Team formation. When New Tribes said the trip was still a go, we had 9 people total. At the extreme last minute, it looks like another guy did join us, so we have a grand total of 10 now. I wanted more... but there's a "reason" that this group is how it is... There's that old trust issue again, huh...

Please pray for these folks- that their fundraising is going well, for their preparations, for their hearts, and for the entire groups' dynamics- none of us knows eachother.

Please pray for the weather in that whole Oceanic region- I have been counting the number of off-shore earthquakes recently, and we're up to 4 now- one of which was in the New Britain area of New Guinea (off-shore island region, not close to the main island). The tsunami alarm has only gone off once, and that was for a "localized" tsunami- that I dont' even think actually happened. I will not be coastal on this trip, but I know people who ARE- in Madang. So please keep this issue in your prayers!

One final prayer request: this is kind of silly, but I really really really want to go back to Madang. I want to see where I was before, with different eyes/ perspective, and I want to see Kyle and Jenn Pederson. I want to wade into the ocean, like before, and see that place that feels like a dream now... Mary, the girl I stayed with is actually in the states now on Furlough, and Joe, a guy who worked there, is over here now too. But I still want to return there. I wish I had Wayne and Jason and Kyle M. and Lynda there too though...