Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Snowflake of Opportunity...

Mine fell to Earth Monday, July 18. It came in the form of an application to participate in "Interface" with New Tribes Missions that I sent out, unsure of what to expect in return...

Today my answer came- I'm joining a team to attend Interface in New Guinea January 16 thru February 28, 2006. I can't wait- I'm so excited already!!! YAY! My Snowflake is growing...

I have prayed and prayed for God to put me where He wants me. God answered abundantly last year (exactly a year ago this week even) by opening doors, providing for His Child, and sending me to the Far Side of the World.

Thru that encounter, I was just captured by the stories told about missionaries who trusted God so completely, and went to the outskirts of civilization to tell people about Jesus- people who'd never heard His name, didn't know He died for them, and really- didn't even know they were in need of His Salvation. I was also puzzled by other stories about the rituals and practices of these same people- how they can't understand the concepts of "Grace" or "Mercy", because nothing in their culture is free- everything has a price, even little "friendly gestures" requires Payback.

I was utterly confused following my return from that first venture. What was THAT all about?? Why was it I had gone again? But one wise fellow-traveler drove this point home to me: my responsibility is NOT in understanding- or even seeing- the outcomes of my obedience to Christ. My only responsibility is to be obedient.

No comments: