Saturday, February 25, 2006

Final Update- (a.k.a. "Home Again Home Again")

Hey there!!

Really quick, business first: I will not check
my mail again after sending this- I leave early tomorrow
(Sunday) for Port Moresby, and then Monday I'm off to the
U.S.! So please revert to using my usual email address if
you'd like to respond to this note, or for whatever.
(angelaxid@gmail.com) Thank you!

Quick- take a guess what I'm gonna do when I get home:

A. Break out my cell phone as soon as we touch down in
L.A.
B. Take a shower that doesn't involve a bucket.
C. Wear shorts without thinking I'm being indecent for
showing my knees.
D. Drive my car for like an hour.
E. Listen to music while driving my car for like an hour.
F. ALL OF THE ABOVE.

(the answer is below)

Things are winding down at Interface. I am packed, and my
bags are within the allowed weight (I don't know
how-that's a miracle). I wanted to thank you for writing
me while I've been away from home. It may be silly, but
the letters (emails) really really were encouraging, and
helped keep off the homesickness at times. During my very
last class today, we talked about the role of the
"Sender". YOU were my sender, and I thank you so much for
your prayers and encouragement.

I went on a "sidetrip" to the Pawaia tribe Feb. 16-20, and
that experience was definitely the highlite of my trip!
First off, it's beautiful- way more tropical, with a river
below the village that you can hear rushing constantly.
Jack and Isa Douglas are the missionaries who've served
there for 33 years, and their story is just so inspiring-
I hope to tell you more! Then, the PEOPLE- were so
friendly, and just excited that we were there! It was
really eye-opening to hear some of their testimonies, join
them in worship, and know that even if we can't understand
everything each other is saying, we are worshiping the
same True God. I spent the night in the home of a
believing family, played with the kids, and even bathed in
the river. There is so much more to this- but it's just
too long for an email right now! For those of you in
Orlando, I have a dvd that has footage from Haia, and I'm
gonna want to show it- several times!

So I'm leaving this country again... I have so loved being
here... Thank you thank you thank you again for helping me
have this experience. I can't wait to share more about it
at home!

I ask you to consider missions. Consider your role,
either current or future. The staff here did an excellent
job of equipping us to share back home, and I would love
to do just that with all of you.

Lukim yu behain! (see you later)

Emily.

P.S. The answer to today's quiz is F!! I will be doing ALL
OF THE ABOVE!! WOOHOO!!