Monday, October 31, 2005

One Thing...

Ok Folks, take a guess at the origin of this song...

One Thing


Restless tonight,
Cause I wasted the light...
Between both these times,
I drew a really thin line.

It’s nothing I planned-
And not that I can.
But you should be mine
Across that line.

If I traded it all, If I gave it all away for one thing...
Just for one thing...
If I sorted it out, If I knew all about this one thing...
Wouldn’t that be something?

I promise I might not walk on by.
Maybe next time, But not this time.
Even though I know, I don’t want to know...
Yeah I guess I know, I just hate how it sounds...

If I traded it all, if I gave it all away for one thing...
Just for one thing...
If I sorted it out, if I knew all about this one thing...
Wouldn't that be something?

Did you take a guess? SECULAR!! What the... Fooled me! I'll let you do your own research, but when I read some input online about what these lyrics were REALLY referring to, I was really upset. I'll just keep believing it's talking about trading everything you have for "One Thing"- mainly following Christ.