Thursday, August 11, 2005

SUPPORT LETTER for Interface 2006

GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you ALWAYS, even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:19-20.

I have seen this for myself- I can tell you that the promise at the end is TRUE!! God has been so good to me in 2004 and 2005! Over and again He’s demonstrated unreasonable love for His child, and it just fills my heart with gratitude and awe, and love in return.

Friend, what stirs your heart for God’s sake? What is it that moves you to tears, and causes you to want to DO something for the sake of building the Kingdom? For me, it is the thought of one day witnessing people from every tribe, tongue and nation standing together, worshipping God, honoring Him, and praising His Holy Name.

Last summer, God blessed me with the opportunity to go to Papua New Guinea to assist some missionaries affiliated with New Tribes Missions in building their home. It was a totally awesome, mind-opening experience! I saw some of the most beautiful things God ever created, met some wonderful people, and learned a little about the culture and beliefs of a people who put their hopes in spirits and material possessions.

I was intrigued by stories about the “cityfolk”- who may have heard of Christ from one of many missionaries, but were led to believe they could earn Heaven through good works. I was captivated to hear about the “highlanders”- who may have never heard of Jesus before, didn't know He died for them, and really- didn't even know they were in need of His Salvation. I was puzzled by stories of the rituals and practices of these same people- how they can't understand the concepts of "Grace" or "Mercy" because nothing in their culture is free- everything has a price, even little "friendly gestures" require Payback.

I also learned how tremendous the task of effectively reaching these people is. There’s so much work involved in cross-cultural ministry! An important point made regarding our supportive efforts was that our work would help expedite the Gospel to people who had never heard of Christ before. Through that venture, I began to “grow a heart” for the duty of SUPPORT to those who are called to share the gospel with people in remote places.

God has been so good! He has blessed me with a new opportunity to return to New Guinea January 16 thru February 28, 2006, and participate in New Tribes’ INTERFACE program. This six week event is designed to give participants a realistic look at the “practical side” of missions. I’ll learn about the entire process of making the Gospel available cross-culturally and establishing a functioning church. I want to serve the Lord. I am truly trusting and praying that God will use this time to give me direction as to my future role in missions as well.

This is a real step of faith for me! I am trusting the Lord completely to provide for this trip. Why don’t you join me! More than anything, I ask for your prayers for this trip. Please pray with me concerning the following:

1. Preparation- packing weight is limited- it’ll be hard to decide what I’ll need for 6 weeks’ time!
2. Finances- I am trusting the Lord to provide the $4000 needed to cover the expenses of my trip, as well as for transportation to and from L.A. (the group departure point), AND home expenses while I am gone.
3. Spiritually- Pray that my life will glorify God both here, among my friends and family before I leave, and among a people of another culture. I am asking God to help me grow and mature in Him. Please pray for clear discernment for me as I make choices in the days to come while I’m preparing to go and while I’m abroad.
4. Dynamics- Pray for the hearts of those people who are even now becoming part of the team- that they will trust God, and desire for His Glory.

Would you prayerfully consider becoming involved in sending me to New Guinea? You’ll be playing an important part in this experience as you do. If God is leading you to support me thru prayer or financial means, please contact me. I encourage you to visit http://roamingangel.blogspot.com/. This site will include additional trip-related information, and will give updates on support raised, prayer requests, even accounts of what I’m up to when I’m actually over there!

In Him and For Him,

Emily Parbhoo.

Contact Info:
321-277-6714
4439 Brook Hollow Circle
Winter Springs, Fl. 32708
angelaxid@gmail.com
http://roamingangel.blogspot.com/

No comments: